Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Monday, July 30, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
1630 Post Street
San Francisco, CA 94107
They just had their grand opening last week, so I decided to check it out while in SF.
Overall a very clean shop. The designs of their T-shirts are simple yet effective. There weren't that many kicks when I was there, but they are expecting to do collabs with Nike and various other sneaker brands which I am looking forward to. One of the sales has the same name as me...Kenny. Just thought that was interesting.
Sneakers from Fatlace
The Michael Lau's SB are looking real good!
I copped a black suede cap while I was there.
Wednesday, July 25, 2007
"1. I believe that there are three conditions to a woman’s beauty. First, you must realize that not all women are beautiful all of the time. Sometimes beauty comes on a subconscious level. When she is in love, or has met someone new and exciting, she shines. Second, you must understand that life is unfair. Beauty is something that, for some, must be worked at. The third condition is luck. Some women can just be lucky.
2. My role in all of this is very simple. I make clothing like armor. My clothing protects you from unwelcome eyes.
3. Color, for me, has too many stories wrapped around it. I like black, white, gray, and navy. Like a uniform.
4. Life is better for beautiful people. You can become lucky if you are beautiful, you can become rich. But there is no truth in this definition of beauty.
5. If you feel strongly about someone, go up to them. Pursue what you want in life. Why be shy about something like that?
6. You can tell what a woman is going to be like in bed just by looking at her. There is a feeling about someone that comes from experience. When you’ve seen it once, you will recognize it again.
7. Fashion cannot make you sexy. Experience makes you sexy. Imagination makes people sexy. You have to train yourself, you have to study, and you have to live your life.
8. I love the back. A beautiful back makes a beautiful front. When you slouch, think about what happens to your front. You have to keep your back in the right position. This is where your spirit lies.
9. Men’s clothing is about tiny details, and I hate that. I am very small and I look stupid in a perfectly tailored suit. I want to be able to wear things that don’t fit perfectly, with the sleeves far too long. I wish clothing came with no sizes at all. It would be much better that way.
10. The biggest mistake you can make in fashion is imitation. If we keep on like this, fashion will die. There was a time when I used to fall in love on the street every day. I would see someone with such a way about them or such a flawless item that I would have to say, “Stop! Please! That’s perfect.” That never happens anymore. Everything is too similar. Soon it will be only a T-shirt and jeans.
11. I don’t think we should try to make space our own. I believe that as modern people we should live in mobility. We should always be moving." -Yamamoto & men.style.comAll via: men. style.com
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
What is "mixi-bang!"?mixi-bang! is the mixture of art and design, the collision
between expression and individualism, mixi-bang! was
created for those who share in the passion to create and
the disinterest in the common. At mixi-bang! you can find
what many obsess over but few can find.
Tucked away in the heart of Old Pasadena, California,
mixi-bang! is located in the midst of it all, yet only privy
to those in the know. mixi-bang! allows the consumer to
participate creatively, functioning as a gallery which upsets
the boundaries of the conventional consumer lifestyle.
Monday, July 23, 2007
All the comic books, creators, designers, urban vinyls, etc. street shit...will be displayed. saturday's tickets are sold out already. so hurry and get tix for thurs, fri, or sunday (25 bucks each day). hopefully i'll make it. cross fingers. so bring some cash and go shop and peep the urban vinyls. check out Mixi-Bang's Booth OF COURSE!
Sunday, July 22, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
This shit is hilarious... Fast forward to 1/3 of the way.
via: kid robot, JB classics, freshnessmag
New colorway for Air Jordon Retro XI Low LS
Buff Monster is coming out with some new toys that I'd buy. Let the Buff fest start. July 22nd at Munky King and Barracuda. Buff Monster just had his show at the Corey Helford Gallery, I got suckered in and got a panel. hmph.
I looped Girltalk's Night Ripper for days. peep out his beats. its like music for the A.D.D.. which reminds me of the movie Idiocracy, funny, but stupid at the same time. def check out Girltalk.
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
X - Large
The new Huf Air Max 1 kicks. Huf always does it big with the crack pattern. Sf galore. Diggin the neon over black. The white.blue sneaks reminds me of the Nike Jordon IV's color scheme.